- VBS Director(s) — We need one or several people who are willing to work as a team to direct VBS. This will include gathering materials from Lifeway, developing a master plan for VBS’s structure, pulling in volunteers, and assigning roles.
- VBS workers — We need people who are willing to work at VBS. This will include:
- An initial marketing campaign
- Initial setup and end of VBS tear down
- Guides to transition children from one teacher to the next.
- People to be ready to engage parents when they show up (work to build relationships, invite them to church, provide them literature about our church and our Children’s Ministry).
- Manage church literature — make sure we have appropriate brochures created and on hand to supply those engaging parents with these brochures and information.
- Kids Church camp organizer — We need someone to do the initial organization of church camp. Help select the place, the setup, pull in volunteers to go with the kids.
- Kids church camp volunteer (male/ female)—more than one preferable to go with the kids to camp. People could sign up for a 1/2 week if we have enough volunteers.
- Workday volunteers — There is a need to clean up the children’s area, remove posters, maybe paint, clean out and organize Children’s minister’s office, clean up and organize the supply closets. We need these volunteers as soon as possible so we can begin assigning tasks or schedule days for several volunteers to get together.
- Events help (2-3/ month) — We have planned 2-3 events per month for the next 6 months, but we need folks who will help man and make these events go.
- Supply room organization and maintenance/ inventory — After the initial cleanup of the supply room, we need someone willing to keep it organized, inventoried and stocked.
- Substitute teachers — For kids and PreK classes—as-needed basis if regular teachers go out of town, etc
- Teacher for preschool (rotate with Sherry)—Sunday school
- Teacher for 2-3-year-old (rotate with Rhonda)—Sunday school
- Children church for Preschool—Sunday 9:15–rotation
- Greeter/ check-in help Wednesday night, Sunday night, Sunday morning — We need people who will man the check-in desks on these days in order to greet families with a friendly face, welcome them to the church, inform them about the Children’s Ministry, and help them get checked-in.
- Outreach/ marketing: create slides, social media posts, mailers for events, etc — for events and regular church activities.