We are pleased to offer the Eastridge Baptist Dennis Memorial Scholarship again this year. The deadline for entry is May 22nd, 2020.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Scholarships will be offered to graduating high school seniors in good standing, attending an accredited four-year, two-year or vocational institution.
- The amount of the scholarship will be determined by the scholarship committee and will be payable to the student directly for school-related expenses. Preference may be granted to students attending an accredited Christian University.
- Applications will be judged on church involvement, academic achievement, career goals and content of the essay.
- Applications, essays, and photos become the property of the Eastridge Baptist Church Scholarship Committee.
- Any falsification of application or attachments to the application will cause the applicant to become ineligible for scholarship consideration.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of Eastridge Baptist Church and attend regularly.
- Applicant must submit two (2) letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a church staff member and one must be from a member of their school faculty.*
Since the office is open periodically but with no regularity, you can turn your application in to the church office by:
- (1) Physically dropping it off in the mailbox at the church.
- (2) Email it to: with the subject line: Scholarship Application Submission – [Your Name]
*NOTE: Given the current circumstances, we will accept a recommendation from a teacher in an email. Since contact is limited, we also understand if you are not able to provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher. We ask that you try, but if you cannot provide one, we will not penalize you. We do, however, ask that you let us know by providing a written statement in place of a teacher’s recommendation letter, so that your application is not counted as incomplete.