Do you have a deep love for God, His Word, and the local church and feel a high calling of discipleship?
Eastridge Baptist Church is looking to hire a full-time or part-time Associate Pastor of Discipleship. The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will be a catalyst for our small group Bible study ministry. He will serve on the teaching team and preach several times throughout the year on Sunday mornings and evenings.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will work with the men’s and women’s ministries to implement the vision of the church and enhance connection; oversee the volunteer ministries; help with church administration, and participate in the discipleship of individuals and young families.
The Associate Pastor will also serve the church more broadly, performing weddings and funerals, visitation, counseling, and the administration of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Overall you will provide leadership, vision, direction, and management to the ministries of the church in a dynamic and fast-growing area of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
EBC exists as a thriving community of real people experiencing real life together. We strive to be a church in community and on mission for Jesus making disciple-making disciples of all peoples.
We are located in the heart of Red Oak, Texas, which is about 20 miles south of Dallas, TX. We are comprised of a multi-generational family of believers who desire to make Jesus' name famous in Red Oak and beyond as we seek to be the church everywhere every day.
We are committed to solid Bible-based teaching that is both expository and gospel-centered. Our music is intentionally Christ-centered, so that we might glorify God through song as we corporately sing both hymns and modern songs.
Some of the perks of living in the Red Oak area are Texas values, a great place to raise a family, excellent schools, low crime rate, fresh air and lots of green space. You will also experience quick access to both Dallas and Fort Worth, including sports, shopping, restaurants, and arts and entertainment.
Expectations of all staff of Eastridge Baptist Church:
- Discipleship: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively discipling other members of the church.
- Evangelism: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively building relationships with unchurched people and be able to share the gospel with them.
- Connection: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively building relationships with new people attending Eastridge in order to help get them connected.
- Developing Leaders: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be a leader of leaders and to equip people at church to do ministry.
- Personal Life: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to maintain an above-reproach lifestyle, consistently seeking to grow in Christ.
A Growing Disciple
- A person who seeks to grow in their relationship with Christ and someone who is visibly modeling a gospel-centered lifestyle by living for Christ as a disciple that makes disciples.
A Qualified Pastor
- A person who meets the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy and Titus 1.
- A person who is able to build intentional relationships with the congregation, so as to provide them with encouragement and pastoral counseling.
- A person who believes discipleship is crucial to the growth of a congregation and seeks to train and encourage disciple-making disciples.
A Teacher and Preacher
- Gifted at communicating, teaching, and relating to members of all ages.
- Teach from a gospel-centered perspective.
- Committed to equipping adults to use their God-given gifts.
- Able to assist the Senior Pastor in developing sermon series’ throughout the year.
- Able to preach expositional gospel-centered sermons.
- Passionate about sharing Eastridge Baptist Church’s vision with the church and community.
- Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally.
- A relentless recruiter constantly looking for capable people to join ministry teams in the church.
- An advocate for connecting with leaders and equipping them to teach in Sunday School and small group / homegroup settings.
- A self-starter who is driven to work well with a team and grow through experience and open rapport with staff and key leaders.
- Able to manage time to effectively prioritize ministry needs with or without supervision.
- A person who possesses attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
- Able to develop an assimilation strategy for church-wide small groups and Bible studies including a small / home group assimilation strategy and ministry.
- Able to use technology to communicate with pastoral staff and volunteers.
- Able to engage congregation through social media.
- Able to do graphic design work for social media channels and website.
- Able to manage and update a website, including producing relevant graphics for events.
- Able to produce a weekly sermon video for Eastridge’s YouTube channel and website.
- Able to produce a weekly sermon podcast.
Teach and Preach
- Teach God’s Word from a Gospel-centered perspective in a way that is compelling to the congregation in a number of settings with an aim to magnify Christ and make His name famous in Red Oak and beyond.
- Preach several times a year at the direction of the Senior Pastor, including performing weddings and funerals, as well as administering the Lord’s Supper and Baptism.
- Build a growing team of leaders and volunteers through enlistment, training, development and empowerment.
- Develop, supervise and implement programs and budget of education ministry, including working with the Senior Pastor to develop an overall vision and strategy of education and discipleship ministry, so as to promote growth in Christian walk and maturity.
- Provide leadership, including planning and oversight of weekly gatherings, leading the volunteer coordinators and other volunteer leaders in order to insure the weekly services are resourced and run smoothly (Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, and Wednesday).
- Take part in long-term planning with the Senior Pastor and assist in the development of future vision.
- Take key measurements that will help with strategy and vision.
- Develop systems and processes in all ministry and support areas that supports the healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Encourage and supervise other staff and volunteers as assigned.
- Develop an assimilation strategy for church-wide small groups and Bible studies including a small / home group assimilation strategy and ministry.
- Partner with leaders as a resource for their spiritual development, equipping them to assume their God-given role as disciple-makers, who make disciples.
- Consistently meet with church members outside of regularly scheduled service times in order to build relationships, provide encouragement, discipleship and pastoral counsel.
- Develop a social media strategy to engage the community in active discipleship throughout the week.
- Maintain a presence in the community of Red Oak..
- Coordinate and assist in developing an overall outreach plan to reach the community for Christ.
- Assist ministry leaders in maintaining and promoting church-wide events and activities through social media and church website.
- Assist in engaging the congregation through social media.
- Do graphic design work for social media channels and website.
- Manage and update the website, including producing relevant graphics for events.
- Produce a weekly sermon video for Eastridge’s YouTube channel and website.
- Produce a weekly sermon podcast.
- Assist in pastoral responsibilities on request of Pastor.
- An MDiv (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or a similar degree.
- 1+ years working as an Associate Minister of Discipleship or possesses experience working in ministry.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
How to apply
- Cover letter explaining why you believe you are a fit for this position. (You may also include a link to a short 3-5 minute video explaining why you believe you are a fit for this position).
- Resume with references (Letters of recommendation from a pastor or elder are highly desired).
- Social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- A link to your website or blog (preferred).
- Link to a recent teaching video (preferred).