Do you have a deep love for God, His Word, and the local church and feel a high calling to children's ministry?
Eastridge Baptist Church is looking to hire a part-time Director of our Children's Ministry. You will provide leadership, vision, direction, and management to the Children's ministry in a dynamic and fast-growing area of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
EBC exists as a thriving community of real people experiencing real life together. We strive to be a church in community and on mission for Jesus making disciple-making disciples of all peoples.
We are located in the heart of Red Oak, Texas, which is about 20 miles south of Dallas, TX. We are comprised of a multi-generational family of believers who desire to make Jesus' name famous in Red Oak and beyond as we seek to be the church everywhere every day.
We are committed to solid Bible-based teaching that is both expository and gospel-centered. Our music is intentionally Christ-centered, so that we might glorify God through song as we corporately sing both hymns and modern songs.
Some of the perks of living in the Red Oak area are Texas values, a great place to raise a family, excellent schools, low crime rate, fresh air and lots of green space. You will also experience quick access to both Dallas and Fort Worth, including sports, shopping, restaurants, and arts and entertainment.
Expectations of all staff of Eastridge Baptist Church:
- Discipleship: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively discipling other members of the church.
- Evangelism: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively building relationships with unchurched people and be able to share the gospel with them.
- Connection: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively building relationships with new people attending Eastridge in order to help get them connected.
- Developing Leaders: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be a leader of leaders and to equip people at church to do ministry.
- Personal Life: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to maintain an above-reproach lifestyle, consistently seeking to grow in Christ.
A Growing Disciple
- A person who seeks to grow in their relationship with Christ and someone who is visibly modeling a gospel-centered lifestyle by living for Christ as a disciple that makes disciples.
A Qualified Director
- A person who is able to demonstrate gifting and calling to children and family ministry.
- A person who views parents as the primary discipler and is able to build intentional relationships with parents in order to assist them in discipling and training their children.
- Gifted at communicating, teaching, and relating to children.
- Teach from a gospel-centered perspective.
- Committed to equipping children to use their God-given gifts.
- Passionate about sharing Eastridge Baptist Church’s vision with the church and community.
- Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally.
- A relentless recruiter constantly looking for capable people to join the team.
- An advocate for connecting with parents, equipping and resourcing them to develop their children spiritually.
- A self-starter who is driven to work well with a team and grow through experience and open rapport with staff and key leaders.
- Able to manage time to effectively prioritize ministry needs with or without supervision.
- A person who possesses attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
- Able to use technology to communicate with pastoral staff and volunteers.
- Able to engage parents of children through social media.
- Able to manage the check-in software for the children’s area.
- Teach God’s Word from a Gospel-centered perspective in a way that is compelling to children with an aim to magnify Christ and make His name famous in Red Oak and beyond.
- Plan, implement and supervise programs of church-approved education for children (birth through fifth-grade) to promote growth in Christian walk and maturity.
- Provide leadership and direction, including planning and oversight of weekly gatherings of all children ministries (Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, and Wednesday).
- Plan and coordinate events outside of the weekly scheduled gatherings in order to develop and foster community with families in the community.
- Build a growing team of leaders and volunteers through enlistment, training, development, and empowerment that will assist in discipling and teaching the children of Eastridge Baptist Church God’s Word.
- Provide opportunities for parent interaction with children by enlisting parent volunteers and encouraging parents to participate in children's activities.
- Encourage and supervise children and children workers.
- Supervise designated staff, including nursery staff.
- Coordinate with Pre-school Director in an effort to serve and engage those attending the Pre-school.
- Partner with parents as a resource for the spiritual development of their children, so that they are equipped to assume their God-given role as the primary disciple-makers.
- Develop a social media strategy to engage families in active discipleship throughout the week.
- Maintain a presence in the community of Red Oak in an effort to connect with families.
- Coordinate with an overall outreach plan implemented by the pastor to reach families in the community for Christ.
- Maintain and promote children/family events and activities through social media and church website.
- Manage the check-in system for the children’s area.
- Assist in other church duties on request of Pastor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Children / Family / Youth / Student Ministry or similar degree or 1-2 years experience directing children and family ministry.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
How to apply
- Cover letter explaining why you believe you are a fit for this position. (You may also include a link to a short 3-5 minute video explaining why you believe you are a fit for this position).
- Resume with references (Letters of recommendation from a pastor or elder are highly desired).
- Social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- A link to your website or blog (preferred).
- Link to a recent teaching video (preferred).