Do you have a deep love for God, His Word, and the local church and feel a high calling to worship ministry?
Eastridge Baptist Church is looking to hire a Worship Minister who will be responsible for the development and oversight of the church’s Worship Ministry. You will provide leadership, vision, direction, and management to the Worship ministry in a dynamic and fast-growing area of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The position is currently part-time but could develop into a full-time position in the future, particularly if you can develop and lead a Discipleship Ministry, or have experience in Children's ministry.
EBC exists as a thriving community of real people experiencing real life together. We strive to be a church in community and “on mission” for Jesus making disciple-making disciples of all peoples.
We are located in the heart of Red Oak, Texas, which is about 20 miles south of Dallas, TX. We are comprised of a multi-generational family of believers who desire to make Jesus' name famous in Red Oak and beyond as we seek to be the church everywhere every day.
We are committed to solid Bible-based teaching that is both expository and gospel-centered. Our music is intentionally Christ-centered so that we might glorify God through song as we corporately sing both hymns and modern songs.
Some of the perks of living in the Red Oak area are Texas values, a great place to raise a family, excellent schools, low crime rate, fresh air, and lots of green space. You will also experience quick access to both Dallas and Fort Worth, including sports, shopping, restaurants, and arts and entertainment.
Expectations of all staff of Eastridge Baptist Church:
- Discipleship: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively discipling other members of the church.
- Evangelism: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively building relationships with unchurched people and be able to share the gospel with them.
- Connection: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be actively building relationships with new people attending Eastridge to help get them connected.
- Developing Leaders: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to be a leader of leaders and to equip people at church to do ministry.
- Personal Life: Each staff person at Eastridge Baptist Church is expected to maintain an above-reproach lifestyle, consistently seeking to grow in Christ.
A Growing Disciple
- A person who seeks to grow in their relationship with Christ and someone who is visibly modeling a gospel-centered lifestyle by living for Christ as a disciple that makes disciples.
A Qualified Pastor
- A person who meets the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy and Titus 1.
- A person who can build intentional relationships with congregants to provide encouragement and pastoral counseling.
- A person who views worship as a ministry and seeks to point others to Christ.
- Gifted at communicating, teaching through song, and relating to students and adults of all ages.
- Lead worship from a gospel-centered perspective.
- Committed to equipping others to use their God-given gifts in the church’s worship ministry.
- Passionate about sharing Eastridge Baptist Church’s vision with the church and community.
- Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally.
- A relentless recruiter constantly looking for capable people to join the team.
- A self-starter who is driven to work well with a team and grow through experience and open rapport with staff and key leaders.
- Able to manage time to effectively prioritize ministry needs with or without supervision.
- A person who possesses attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
- Able to use technology to communicate with pastoral staff and volunteers.
- Able to use technology to drive a dynamic worship ministry.
- Able to engage both church members and the community through social media.
- Lead worship from a Gospel-centered perspective in a way that compels the congregation to magnify Christ and make His name famous in Red Oak and beyond.
- Develop, supervise, and implement worship ministry program and budget, including overall vision and strategy of the church’s worship ministry.
- Provide leadership, including planning and oversight of weekly worship gatherings.
- Build a growing team of singers and musicians through enlistment, training, development, and empowerment that will assist in the church’s worship ministry.
- Supervise designated staff.
- Disciple musicians towards spiritual growth, equipping them to understand God’s Word and how it drives a worship ministry.
- Consistently meet with musicians outside of regularly scheduled service times to build relationships, provide encouragement, as well as pastoral counsel.
- Develop a social media strategy to engage the church and community in active discipleship throughout the week.
- Maintain a presence in the community of Red Oak to connect with both church and community members.
- Coordinate with an overall outreach plan implemented by the pastor to reach out to the community for Christ.
- Maintain and promote worship events and activities through social media and the church’s website.
- Assist in pastoral responsibilities at the request of Pastor.
- A Music Degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Worship Ministry or similar degree.
- 1+ years working as a Worship Minister or possess experience working in worship.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
How to apply
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please review our website (eastridgebc.com) including our vision statement. If you are eager to join the team at EBC, please send the following to Pastor Casey at
- Cover letter explaining why you believe you are a fit for this position. (You may also include a link to a short 3-5 minute video explaining why you believe you are a fit for this position).
- Resume with references (Letters of recommendation from a pastor or elder are highly desired).
- Social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- A link to your website or blog (preferred).
- Link to a recent worship set (preferred).